Wednesday, July 21, 2010

AZ Sights

Petrified Forest / Painted Desert

We had to make it work and drive back east to the Petrified Forest from Holbrook so we could waste some time before our check in at La Posada.

If you are looking for a real forest in the Petrified Forest, you will be sorely disappointed.

But if you're looking for beautiful scenery and colorful tree rocks, well have I got a place for you.


Close up of the petrified wood.


Like many of the places we have been, pictures can do this place no justice.


Navajo Nation

We were driving from the Hopi Reservation (more on this location later) to the Grand Canyon, we passed through Navajo Nation. We stopped for McDonalds, because you know, sometimes a bit of McDonalds is comforting. Next door happened to be a park with an awesome skate park. All the kids there were great and fearless and some were too young to be riding around (in my opinion). I tried getting Timmy to go, but he wasn't as eager to get run over by a bunch of BMXs as I was to see it.


We were still in Navajo Nation when I awoke to the van pulling into somewhere and slowing down. Tim had spotted this from the highway and decided to get a closer look.




Wish we knew more of the story behind all of this. How badass are the two elderly people?

However, one of my fave parts of Arizona is the part where no one asked me to show me their papers, even if I was often confused for Native American.

No comments:

Post a Comment