Sunday, May 30, 2010

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Part Two



Roll your eyes all you want, but I've never had a cheesesteak in Philly and I wanted to. So I did. We parked the van directly between Geno's and Pat's. I chose Pat's because it lacked some of the... shine that Geno's had. I give this experience a definitive: meh (with shoulder shrug). "Wit / wit-out," "whiz," surly service, yeah I get it, but I still say whateverz to you, sir.



Hi it's Michelle! Hi!

Let me just say that I had been let down by Philly Cheesesteaks before and had already moved on to the delight that is DiNic's Roast Pork sandwiches at Reading Terminal, which was what I was planning on getting when we were in town. BUT THEN! I read Yelp, and they told me to go to Paesano's. I figured Cheesesteak Junction was not going to anywhere near Paesano's but I was wrong! Hooray! We walked through the Italian Market (you know, where Charlie from It's Always Sunny ate that entire pear...) and Freddie was scared of the live chickens and ducks.



I got the Arista - whole roast suckling pig, broccoli rabe, Italian long hot peppers, and sharp provolone. It's basically an insane version of a normal roast pork sandwich.



And they had a cherry soda in the fountain... delicious. We contemplated getting a sandwich to eat on the road later, but decided not to be completely obese for once in our lives. Also, we got some Yuengling on the way out of town and it was fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle, you MUST be forgetting our black-out drunk 4am Philly cheesesteaks during AmeriCorps hazing...I still slightly remember those...

    Also, that Arista sandwich shouldn't be legal.

    Heart you guys! Got my postcard and it has a nice spot on my fridge!!

    -NiCool

    ReplyDelete
  2. your reflection in the Paesano's window picture is oddly endearing... WAS THAT PLANNED

    ReplyDelete
  3. vastly disappointed you didnt get the 2nd sandwich for the road.

    ReplyDelete